Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Appetizers


I found this appetizer in the freezer section at the store for an outrageous amount of money. It only rendered 20 pieces of shrimp, but they were really tasty. So I set out to make a more economical version for the party I was throwing since seafood appetizers always add a nice flare to any menu. I was able to make over triple the amount of shrimp appetizers for the same price. They are really simple, can be made in advance, and frozen until the day of the party. Then just place the frozen appetizer in a piping hot 475 degree oven for 10-12 min and you're ready to serve.

all you need is a 1-2 pkgs of bacon depending on how many servings you're making,
 cheddar and pepper jack cheese cut into slices, and 1-2 pounds of medium shrimp cleaned,
deveined, and tails removed, and bamboo skewers

cut bacon in half

place 1 cheese slice on top on shrimp

wrap with bacon and place bamboo skewer
through the shrimp securing the bacon

place completed appetizers in a freezer bag
and place in the freezer until the day of your party

Yummy!!! I have to admit my favorite was the shrimp with pepper jack cheese.
 It held up better when heated in the oven, and added a nice spicy kick.
 I was trying to make an alternative for those who don't eat spicy food. 

1 comment: