Monday, November 1, 2010

Popcorn Balls with Reese's Pieces!


Sometimes I just have to satisfy my sweet tooth. Maybe it's because I worked in a bakery for years, but there are times when I literally can't help myself. This is a super easy treat that will satisfy that salty/sweet craving, I adapted it from a Paula Dean recipe that I found in one of her Holiday magazines from a few years back but you can find it online (just click here ). They are popcorn balls with Reese's Pieces. It's basically a different spin on a crispy treat. I used extra movie theater butter popcprn instead of kettle corn, and Reese's Pieces as my candy.



Melt 4 tbsp butter and 1 pkg marshmallows 30 sec at a time for a total of 2 min 

microwave popcorn, and pick out unpopped kernels

spray spatula with non stick spray

Add popcorn, mix well and let stand 5min before adding candy (so it doesn't melt)



form into balls as big or as small as you like
(wet your hands in cold water first to prevent sticking)

No comments:

Post a Comment